Innovative fix for critical filter transition issue expanded partnership
Global manufacturer of pumps and I.V. sets entrusted ITW Medical to engage in a filter transition and then solve subsequent problems arising from switch. ITW's team quickly evaluated the problem and delivered a timely solution that seamlessly allowed uninterrupted operations for the customer.
The Bottom Line: The customer was deeply content with ITW's response to challenge. ITW gained new business with customer and overall customer realized cost savings and continuous production.
The Challenge: Reduce cost by switching filters and quickly solve resulting challenge
- Switch Adult IV filters to the more cost efficient MediPure IV filter
- Rectify problem with the new filter when assembled into sets and not hinder customer's production process
The Solution: Rapid assessment and resolution
- Initially manufactured and delivered 150,000 MediPure IV filter units in the desired timeframe
- ITW Medical's production team rapidly assessed and rectified the root cause of the plugging issue that arose when the filters were assembled into sets
- ITW Medical's team amplified its efforts, producing 150,000 of the original Adult IV filters in a time frame that facilitated continuous production
The Outcome: Cost savings and uninterrupted production
- Zero lag in production
- Commitment to quality and exemplary customer service resulted in the customer using the MediPure IV filter in other parts of its business, realizing 5% cost savings